The gospel is the power of God for salvation from sin, evil, and death, revealed in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. This message is the central content of the Bible, God’s infallible and trustworthy Word.
In corporate worship we rejoice in Jesus Christ, who interceded by offering Himself in order to reconcile us to our Heavenly Father, canceling our rebellion. Worship affirms our identity as the people of God who exalt Him before the nations.
We live together as Christ’s bride, adoring the One who has overcome our unfaithfulness by receiving us as His own body, and covering our guilt and shame with His love and righteousness.
In community, God’s love compels us to love one another and our neighbor as ourselves.
All that we say and do is an outpouring of gratitude for what Christ has done. God has declared an end to our hopelessness in sin and death, and has given us new life together in the presence of the Holy Spirit.
The world recognizes that we belong to Christ by our commitment to one another as we reach out in love to a broken and hurting world.
Who We Are
We love the Bible. We are unashamedly committed to the Bible, believing the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be inerrant and infallible and our only rule for faith and practice.
We are Confessional by affirming the great truths of the Protestant Reformation. Our officers affirm the theology of the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms as the best understanding of Holy Scripture.
We are Presbyterian, being governed by elders according to the New Testament example. We are a member congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), the largest Bible-believing Presbyterian denomination in the English speaking world.
We delight in knowing God through the “ordinary means of grace” consisting of preaching, the sacraments and prayer – these being the primary ways God blesses His people, through His church, by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We love to worship God by gathering each Sunday to actively participate in services that are regulated by the Word and which are full of the best songs of praise from two millennia of Christendom. Our corporate worship is about the edified mind and the reverent heart celebrating God’s sovereign grace in life’s joy and sorrow. Our church is committed to expository preaching and we enjoy celebrating the LORD’s supper twice per month.
We are passionate about the Great Commission as we share our faith through evangelism and missions, supporting missionary families and mercy outreach groups both in our community and around the world.
We are a family and we are committed to one another.
We believe in the biblical principle of the communion of the saints. As such, we are deliberately not “program-driven” but intentionally seek to foster genuine community through Christian love, service and fellowship.
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
The Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) was founded in 1973 as a Reformed, evangelical denomination that would be true to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The PCA has almost 1500 congregations in all 50 states with approximately 350,000 members. The following is an abridged version of the vision statement:
- As one communion in the worldwide church, the PCA exists to glorify God by extending the kingdom of Jesus Christ over all individual lives through all areas of society and in all nations and cultures. To accomplish this end the PCA aims to fill the world with churches that are continually growing in vital worship, in theological depth, in true fellowship, in evangelism and in deeds of compassion.
- We are committed to the Scriptures and the historic Westminster Standards based firmly on a Biblical theology that answers the questions and issues of each culture and people to which we minister.
- We are committed to worship that practices the presence and power of God within the church to the transformation of the surrounding culture through Biblical application.
- We are committed to the winning of new converts and their incorporation into the church through the ministry of the Word and to significant ministry to the needy through deeds of mercy and service.
- We are committed to the freedom of every member to minister through spiritual gifts and also to the responsibility to do so under spiritual authority and loving discipline.
- We are committed to guarding and strengthening the Biblical family and also to a ministry to the broken family forms such as the divorced, the widowed and the unwed parent.
- We are committed to teaching and discipling men and women in the whole counsel of God and also to ministering to the needs of the whole person.